An AirPod with no sound can be quite annoying, especially when you're looking forward to your favorite music or an important call. Don't worry, we're here to help! In this article, we'll examine possible reasons why there's no sound coming out of an AirPod and how you might be able to fix the problem. Let's read on to find out what you can do when you face this annoying problem.
AirPod connected but no sound? 4 reasons for silence
You've connected your AirPods to your device, anxiously awaiting the sound of your favorite music or clear audio during a phone call, but to your disappointment there is nothing but silence. No reason to panic! There are several possible reasons why there is no sound coming out of an AirPod. Here are four common causes to check:
Check the volume
It may seem obvious, but sometimes the solution is as simple as checking the volume controls. Make sure the volume on your device and in the AirPods settings is turned up high enough. Sometimes the volume may accidentally be turned to minimum or muted.
Clean your AirPods
Dirt, dust or debris can affect the sound quality. Check the speaker openings on each AirPod and gently remove any debris with a soft cloth or brush. Be careful not to damage the AirPods. A regular cleaning can do wonders and ensure that the sound is crisp and clear.
Perform a reboot
Sometimes small technical issues can occur that can be fixed with a simple restart. Disconnect your AirPods from your device, turn the device off and on again, and then reconnect the AirPods. This may reestablish the connection between the devices and the sound will return.
Check for software updates
Both the AirPods and your device receive regular software updates that may include bug fixes and improvements. Make sure both your AirPods and your device are updated to the latest software version available. Check your device's settings or associated app to check for and install updates.
These four steps should help you identify and possibly fix the problem when there is no sound coming out of an AirPod even though it is connected to your device. However, if none of these steps work, then there is a chance that there is a hardware problem. In this case, we recommend that you contact Apple Support or see an Apple Authorized Service Provider who can assist you.
Remember that the exact steps may vary depending on the device and software version. Hopefully, with a little patience and the right measures, you'll soon be able to enjoy the full sound of your AirPods again.
You can do this to get sound back on the AirPod
There's nothing more frustrating than an AirPod that suddenly has no sound. But don't worry, there are some steps you can take to fix the problem and get the sound back on your AirPod. Here are some workarounds you can try:
- Check the connection; Make sure your AirPods are properly connected to your device. Open the Bluetooth settings on your device and see if the AirPods show as connected. If not, disconnect and reconnect. Sometimes reconnecting can fix the problem.
- Check the volume: It sounds trite, but sometimes the volume on AirPod or your device might be set too low. Make sure the volume on both devices is high enough to hear the audio clearly. Adjust the volume accordingly and test again to see if you can hear the sound now.
- Reset AirPod: Resetting your AirPods can sometimes help resolve the issue. Go to your device's Bluetooth settings, select your AirPods, and click Forget Device. You can then reconnect the AirPods to your device and see if the sound has returned.
- Check audio settings: Sometimes the audio settings on your device may be misconfigured. Check the sound settings and make sure the sound is being redirected to the AirPods. Make sure AirPods is selected as the preferred audio device for the audio to stream properly.
- Update the software: Make sure both your AirPods and your device have the latest software updates. Sometimes bugs or incompatibilities can be fixed with an update. So check for available updates regularly and install them to make sure you get the best possible performance.
If after all these steps there is still no sound coming out of your AirPod, there could be a hardware problem. In this case, I recommend that you contact Apple Support or see an Apple Authorized Service Provider. They can help you further and perform additional troubleshooting steps.
With a bit of luck and trying these fixes, you should be able to get the sound working on your AirPod again. Enjoy the full sound experience again and don't let this temporary silence get you down!
No sound coming out of an AirPod? Order a replacement now!
If you can't solve the problem with our tips and an AirPod still has no sound, then don't despair. This does not mean that you have to buy a new and very expensive bundle. With us you get individual AirPods and also the Charging Case as a spare part.
This not only saves you a lot of money. You also make a small but important contribution to avoiding waste and conserving resources. You've also come to the right place when it comes to the time factor, because we ship all orders within one day of receiving them. So it only takes a few days before you can hear music in both ears again.
In our clearly structured online shop you can get individual headphones for the AirPods of the second and third generation as well as for the AirPods Pro. In addition to the left and right AirPod, we also have the matching charging case on offer. In case you have problems with it or lost it.