Your AirPods won't connect? That's annoying. But don't worry, the solution is usually not complicated. In this article we talk about the most common causes and all relevant solutions. At the end of the article we answer frequently asked questions.
WHAT CAN I DO IF AIRPODS OR AIRPODS PRO NO LONGER CONNECT?
There are several things you can do to get your AirPods to reconnect. After trying all of these things below, your AirPods should be able to reconnect to your device.
1. Update your devices: Make sure both your AirPods Pro and the device you want to connect them to have the latest software. Typically, your AirPods' firmware will be updated automatically.
2. Charge the AirPods Pro: Place your AirPods Pro in the charging case and make sure the charging case itself is charged. Now wait about 20 minutes and then try again to see whether the AirPods can now be connected.
3. Enable Bluetooth: Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on the device you want to connect AirPods Pro to. To do this, go to “Settings” > “Bluetooth”.
4. Restart device: Sometimes the solution is simple and restarting fixes the problem. Restart your iPhone or iPad, then try connecting your AirPods to the device again. If your AirPods still don't work, continue with point 4.
5. Reset AirPods or AirPods Pro: Resetting your AirPods often solves the problem. This is how the reset works:
- Place AirPods in the charging case and close the lid
- Wait 30 seconds
- Open the lid and insert AirPods into your ears
- Select “Settings” and then “Bluetooth”. Alternatively, go to Settings > [Your AirPods].
- Are your AirPods showing up? Then tap the “More Info” button and then “Ignore this device.” Then tap the button to confirm.
- If your AirPods didn't appear in the list, continue with the following steps:
- Place AirPods in the charging case. Leave the lid open.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the charging case for approx. 15 - 20 seconds until the status indicator on the front of the case flashes yellow and then white.
- Now you can connect the AirPods again. AirPods must be in the charging case and the lid open. Hold the charging case near the iPhone or iPad. Now follow the instructions on the device screen.
If your AirPods now work again: congratulations and have fun using them!
However, if your AirPods still don't work, or for example only a single AirPod can be connected, read on. We'll now cover what you can do in these cases:
WHY DOES SOMETIMES ONLY ONE AIRPOD CONNECT?
Sometimes it can also happen that only one of the two AirPods connects . The reasons for this can be:
- An empty battery
- A broken Bluetooth connection
- A defective AirPod
1. A DEAD BATTERY
It's important to look at each AirPod individually because they both have their own battery. If you only use a single AirPod (or frequently use an AirPod as a microphone), that battery will drain more quickly. It could happen that a discharged battery is the reason why the AirPods do not connect.
Fortunately, you can easily check this by placing both AirPods in the previously fully charged charging case. Wait a few minutes to allow both batteries to charge. When you open the charging case again, the battery level will be displayed. Check whether both AirPods are now working properly again.
2. A BROKEN BLUETOOTH CONNECTION
There is a possibility that a faulty Bluetooth connection is the reason why an AirPod cannot connect. To rule out this, simply pair the headphones with the playback device again. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Take both AirPods out of the charging case
- Briefly press and hold the setup button on the back of the case
- The case must be close to the device to which the AirPods are to be connected. The lid should also be open
- Once connected, try to see if both AirPods connect again
WHAT IF MY AIRPODS STILL WON'T CONNECT?
If your AirPods still cannot be connected, there is probably a defect. In this case, you can reorder AirPods.
If just a single AirPod doesn't work, you can order a single left or right AirPod instead of a new AirPods bundle. The manufacturer does not sell individual AirPods, but you can find them here in our online shop .
We offer individual AirPods because we ourselves found it annoying that you have to buy a whole AirPods bundle even though only one part is defective. With the option to buy individual AirPods, I act sustainably and can also save money.
Of course, we only sell original parts and that's why you get the manufacturer's warranty to the usual extent. We buy complete bundles ourselves, break them down into their individual parts, check all parts for their functions and then deliver them to our customers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHY CAN'T MY IPHONE FIND MY AIRPODS?
There can be several reasons why your iPhone doesn't find your AirPods. You can now do the following:
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
- Place both AirPods in the charging case and make sure they are charging
- Enable Bluetooth in Settings > Bluetooth.
- The AirPods should now be connected. Make sure they are selected as an audio device. If AirPods appear in the device list but you can't connect them, follow these steps:
- Close the lid, wait 15 - 30 seconds and open the lid again
- Now hold down the setup button on the back of the charging case for about 10 seconds. The status indicator on the front of the charging case should now flash white. This means that the AirPods can now be connected
- Place the charging case with the AirPods inside and covers open next to your iPhone.
- Follow the steps on your iPhone screen
- The connection should now work. If not, reset your AirPods. If the connection still doesn't work, the AirPods may be defective.
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF ONLY ONE AIRPOD CONNECTS?
There are several options for what you can do if only one AirPod connects:
- Charge the AirPods. Both AirPods have their own battery. A battery from just the left or right AirPod may have drained more quickly. After you charge your AirPods, try again.
- Make sure the Bluetooth connection is working correctly. Sometimes it can be disturbed. Here's what you can do: Take both AirPods out of the charging case. Press and hold the Setup button for a moment. Open the lid of the charging case and hold it next to the device you want to connect it to. Once connected, test again.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad and try again.
- If it still doesn't work, it makes sense to reorder the non-working AirPod. Here you can find individual original Apple AirPods , which is much cheaper than buying a set.
Here you can find more information on the topic: Only one AirPod connects, what should I do?
HOW MUCH DOES A SINGLE AIRPOD COST?
How much a single AirPod costs depends on the generation and model. You can find individual AirPods from us starting at €65 per AirPod.